How to Survive
in Prison or Jail
Are you going to prison or jail? Is this your first time? Are you concerned about getting raped, beaten, or even surviving?
Sure, you've seen TV series like Oz - the HBO Prison Series and Prison Break . You might have read Fish: A Memoir of a Boy in a Man's Prison, or perhaps Tookie Williams, Life in Prison or any number of others that can scare the hell out of you! I know I sure was when I was looking at doing 3 to 5 years in prison.
But I survived and you can too. In fact, eventually I managed to get my GED, write some books and turn my life around. I can't say it was easy but I can testify to you that it can be done.
We include prison stories we have put together in order to provide you, the reader, with the tone and thought processes prevalent in prison. Our book is not a collection of interviews and stories but rather a set of strategies and tactics to enable yo to avoid these kinds of experiences!
There are a lot of myths and stereotype situations portrayed in the movies and books about prison life. New fish generally expect to get raped their first day or at least to be beaten. This is rare. The latest prison statistics reveal approximately 10% - 15% of inmates are ever raped. Of course that's still 15 out of every 100 so your goal is to be one of the 85 out of 100 that never experience this sense of powerlessness. After all, in prison, sex generally is about power. Unless of course it's consensual between the parties and this does occur as well.
Beatings in prison and jail are another matter. It is estimated that 75% - 85% of those inmates remaining in prison 5 years or longer will be involved in at least one fight. How bad you're affected by this depends on luck, the other guy(s), and your tactics for minimizing the circumstances
Do you remember your first day in High School? Remember walking into the gym or onto the playground for the very first time? Do you remember going to lunch in the cafeteria and not having a single, solitary friend to hook-up with? That's prison! Only that stress in prison your first day is multiplied by 1000.
But I'm not here to teach you how to have fun in jail. I'm going to teach you everything you need to know to survive in the most hostile environment imaginable. In my book, "Survive Jail," you'll learn things like:
- The three things you need to start doing TODAY to give yourself the best chance to survive. (Page 26)
- The MOST IMPORTANT thing you can do to avoid going into jail at all (and why most people don't do this one simple thing). (Page 6)
- Facing down a Heartcheck. (Don't know what a Heartcheck is? You'd better know before you set one foot inside a jail or prison!) (Page 37)
Shopping in "The Store" versus shopping in "The Commissary." Which one you should avoid at all costs! (Page 58)
- The state of mind you ABSOLUTELY must adopt to keep predators at bay. (Page 34)
- Which group of inmates makes the best friends, and offers you the most protection from inmate problems. (Page 36)
- How to interact with guards and staff without pissing anyone off (and if your relationship with the guards pisses off the inmates, you're as good as dead!) (Page 50)
- Doing your time on The Inside or on The Outside: One way is far better than the other (and not for the reason you might think!) (Page 32)
- Can you avoid doing any jail time at all by Plea Bargaining? Yes, but you'll probably need at least two of these three factors to have any chance at all. (Chapter II)
- There are only three reasons to go through the trauma of a jury trial. Can you name them? (Page 18).
- So your jury found you guilty. Can you still avoid going to jail? Yes. Here's how. (Page 20).
- What you need to do to "Get Your Mind Right" and why. (Page 30)
- Your First 24 Hours Inside: How you handle yourself during this time period will determine how you are treated by inmates and staff for the rest of your stay. What you can do to guarantee yourself an easy stay inside. (Page 34).
- Your New Best Friend(s): Getting along with your cellmate(s). (Page 56)
- The three things you can do that will make your time inside absolutely FLY BY! (and maybe even get you back on the streets a little faster). (Page 70).
- Five tricks you can use to disable virtually ANY attacker! (Page 65)
- The two "unexpected bonuses" of doing time. (Page 73)
- What to say (and more importantly, what NOT to say) during a probation interview. (Page 22)
- The ABSOLUTE BEST way to find an attorney who can truly help you (and why you should NEVER give your money to the first attorney you meet!) (page 8).
AND THE BIG KAHUNA......The #1 Question on the Mind of EVERY MAN about to do his first stretch of Jail or Prison Time:
- Sexual Assaults?: They DO happen in jails and prisons all over America. What you can do to make sure one (or more) NEVER happens to you! (page 64).
TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT!
Read the first 20 pages of "Survive Jail" absolutely free. Just click on the link below to download the sample pages in Adobe .pdf form.